We are all familiar with the traditional K-12 education. It has been a pillar of the Western societies for a century and has been the foundation for the high standard of living we enjoy today.
Our challenge is that AI, robots, virtual reality, IoT–and the confluence of all of them–will change society in ways that are hard to fathom. It is almost a given that our educational system does not give students the skills and knowledge they need in a highly dynamic world. And that requires a radical change in the educational system as well.
We will look at what is needed and how teachers, parents, and students must adjust to such a world.
YouTube Videos that were viewed:
- “The School of the Future – There’s No Limit to What School Can Be” - 5 Technologies That Will Change the Classroom
- “Technology in Education – A Future Classroom”
- “Holograms Add Dimension to Learning”
- “This Virtual Lab Will Revolutionize Science Class” - Michael Bodekaer
Additional Background from YouTube
- Salmon Kahn has a series of videos on the Kahn Academy. He has developed free online tutorial lessons on a wide range of subjects. Bill Gates has backed him with grants.