Like before, TECH SLAM evenings belong to the members of the forum. YOU choose what’s on the agenda by picking a subject you find interesting, that puzzles you, or that makes you shake your head.
In brief 5-7 minute intros (no slides, no formality) you can start a discussion that may end up on the agenda at a future event. Come and be inspired - and have fun!
Presenter: anyone who wants to share something
- the Matternet M2 Drone Delivery System. That subject was presented in the context of…
- a global zip code system: “A precise, three-word address for every place on earth” (5 min video)… how a three-word zip code system can divide the entire world into 3m x 3m squares, giving every person in the world an exact postal address.
- the book “Life 3.0: Being Human in the Age of Artificial Intelligence” by Max Tegmark. A significant focus of the book is about the ethics of AI. The article foreshadows that these questions may not be answered by “western civilization”.
- an article about AI in China and China’s AI expected AI dominance in a magazine called i3.
Gary presented a review of two books:
- “How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence” by Michael Pollan.
- “The Future of Humanity: Terraforming Mars, Interstellar Travel, Immortality, and Our Destiny Beyond Earth” by Michio Kaku.
Pamela presented an overview of the following:
- Earth Masters: The Dawn of The Age of Climate Engineering by Clive Hamilton
- How To Cool The Planet: Geoengineering and the Audacious Quest to Fix Earth’s Climate by Jeff Goodell
- Catalyst - Exploring Cutting Edge Research at ASU. Free to stream from PBS app or online.