In less than a decade, dissemination of information went from well-defined print, radio, and TV media to social platforms and information in the cloud.
With this came two problems:
- the issue of sifting through an overload of information
- the ability of any individual to reach huge numbers of contacts with self-created news or passed-on information. The latter has facilitated the phenomenon of “fake news.”
As we are all affected by this development, we expect a very lively discussion.
The videos we viewed:
- “New Digital Face Manipulation Means You Can’t Trust Video Anymore”
- “How to seek truth in the era of fake news” - TED talk
- “How to choose your news” - TED Ed talk
knowherenews.com - website presenting left/center/right-leaning news story perspectives using AI
- Presentation (PDF)