In this recurring program, anyone who attends tonight has a 6-7 min window to present something that might have caught their attention, something they have wondered about, a book we all should know about, etc. Formal presentations with slides and videos or getting up in front of the forum are not required. The purpose is to share ideas… but mind you: 6-7 min is a lot less time than you think!
It’s fun, it’s informal, it’s fast moving. Be there!
We had two subjects on the agenda:
1) The progress of Elon Musk’s Neuralink, with amazing photos of how the chips are implanted in the brain.
Here are the timestamps for this 2h 40min presentation. The three in bold are the most important:
- 00:00 Steampunk Elevator Music
- 16:06 Intro & Overview (Elon)
- 36:38 Generalized Interface to the Brain (DJ)
- 41:43 Live Robot Demo!
- 45:45 Neural Decoding (Nir)
- 51:35 BCI Reliability (Bliss)
- 55:48 Spike Detection (Avinash)
- 1:00:23 Robot Demo Result!
- 1:00:58 Charging (Matt)
- 1:05:23 Implant Testing (Julian)
- 1:11:16 Accelerated Lifetime Testing (Josh)
- 1:16:48 Surgery Engineering (Christine)
- 1:23:52 Upgradeability (Alex)
- 1:28:40 Needle Design & Manufacturing (Sam)
- 1:33:55 Proxy Design (Lesley)
- 1:37:09 Vision Applications (Dan)
- 1:46:42 Spinal Cord Applications (Joey)
- 1:54:49 Q&A
2) Three brief subjects, in one presentation (PDF)
- new steps in fighting malaria
- how viruses are used to change the DNA of bacteria
- an assessment of the importance of trees on our health/mortality