Tonight, we go back to the Slam concept, where everyone in attendance gets a chance to make 5-7 minute short introductions/presentations on something in the technology field they have come across, are curious about, don’t quite get, a book they have read or a video they have seen–anything they think might interest the Forum. It is always a lot of fun, and the most unusual things tend to come up. Not to be missed.
So come and be inspired - and have fun!
Presenter: anyone who wants to share something
Craig reminded the participants of the advantages of using the following apps:
- LastPass (similar to 1Password)
- Curiosity Stream
- Dropbox (file management)
- Google Photos (similar to Amazon Prime photo storage)
Craig also showed and explained the TILE device (for tracking of ‘lost’ items).
- the technology behind the new “Sun In The Box” energy storage system
- the Electronic Pill that can record and transmit diagnostic information from your body to your phone.
Mark D explained the idea behind “get a container” for living/housing (see Our Desert Nest, a container home being built in Cave Creek). If you want one for your mother-in-law, see 10 Things You Need To Know BEFORE You Buy A Shipping Container.
Also, Mark explained progress in the field of Wireless Power Transfer (WPT) and mentioned that:
- Qi controllers built into most WPT systems
- More and more silicon companies (Intel, Analog Devices) are announcing products. Different systems will be shown at CES2018.
Torben showed MIT’s Solid State Airplane (PDF) that has NO moving parts.